Agilent has an application programming interface (API) which enables customers to seamlessly integrate outside applications with iLab’s billing and reporting modules.
An application program interface (API) is a set of routines, protocols, and tools for building software applications. In short, an API specifies how software components should interact.
To get started with the iLab API, you will need:
- A client ID: a public identifier for apps.
- An API token: a unique identifier of an application requesting access to your service.
Follow these steps to obtain your first sets of client ID and tokens:
- Log into your account and go to the Core page
- Click on Administration tab > API Clients panel
- Enter a name and click on Add New button
- Click on ‘green arrow’ icon
- Check all options and click on Grant Token button
- Reload the Administration tab and click on API Clients panel
- Click on ‘1 Token’ link
- Click on the date field to edit the expiration date, and select a date, ideally 5 years from now
Contact email@example.com in case you have any further questions on how to use the iLab API.